IG™ T4 DNA Polymerase has both a DNA-dependent DNA polymerase activity and a potent 3´→5´ exonuclease activity.
The purity of this enzyme is > 95% homogeneity as determined by SDS-PAGE using Coomassie® Blue staining (see figure below).
Product SourceE.coli cells with a cloned gene of bacteriophage T4 DNA Polymerase.
- 3´-overhang removal to form blunt ends (1, 2).
- 5´-overhang fill-in to form blunt ends (1, 2).
- Probe labeling using replacement synthesis (2).
- DNA library preparation for Next-generation sequencing.
- Ligation-independent cloning of PCR products.
- Second strand synthesis in site-directed mutagenesis (3).
- T4 DNA Polymerase
- 10x T4 DNA Polymerase Buffer
50 mM Tris-HCl, 50 mM KCl, 1 mM DTT, 0.1 mM EDTA,
50% Glycerol, pH 7.5 @ 25 ºC
10X T4 DNA Polymerase Reaction Buffer
500 mM Tris-HCl, 100 mM MgCl2, 50 mM dithiothreitol, pH 7.5 @ 25°C.
One unit of T4 DNA Polymerase converts 10 nmol of dNTPs into acid-insoluble material in 30 minutes at 37°C under standard assay conditions.
Inactivated by heating at 70°C for 15 min.
Quality Control Assays
IG™ T4 DNA Polymerase is free from detectable endonuclease and RNase activities.
Intact Genomics is committed to supporting the worldwide scientific research community by supplying the highest quality reagents. Each new lot of our products is tested to ensure they meet the quality standards and specifications designated for the product. Please follow the instructions carefully and contact us if additional assistance is needed. We appreciate your business and your feedback regarding the performance of our products in your applications.